TRANSPORTATION EMERGENCY PROTOCOL
If a student has a medical emergency on the school bus or other school-provided transportation, the following procedures should be followed:
- Driver immediately notifies dispatcher.
- Dispatcher calls 911 and the Principal of the school that the child attends (IF after two attempts there is no answer at school, the dispatcher will contact Central Office).
- Principal or designee calls the parent, informs them of the incident, and notifies the parent of the hospital/clinic to which the student has been transported.
- Principal shall immediately inform the Superintendent of Schools of the incident. Within three (3) days, the Principal shall submit to the Superintendent a written report of the incident and the actions taken in response thereto.
- Within two (2) days, the Principal shall obtain a written report of the incident from the transportation provider.