Directions & Maps
Northbridge is about 1 hour from Boston and 40 Minutes from Sturbridge: (See Large Map Below)
- From 290 or Mass Pike take Rt. 146 South (as if you were going to Sutton).
- Go straight through the lights near Tony's Pizza and continue to the Purgatory Road exit.
- At the top of the exit ramp, turn left, go over Rt. 146 and pass West End Creamery on your right.
- Continue on this road (over a causeway and past houses) for about a mile until you reach a stop sign.
- Merge left onto Main Street and continue until the double set of lights (about 1/2 mile).
- For Aldrich School, turn left at the first left onto Hill Street. The School will be on the right. Take the first right onto Cottage Street to find parking behind the building. For all others, continue as follows.
- Go straight through the first light; bear right at the second half of the intersection onto Linwood Ave.
- The Administration Building is about 200 yards down on the left at 87 Linwood Ave.
- The Primary School is adjacent to the Administration Building on Cross Street; visitors may park at the Administration Building.
- The Middle School is about another 100 yards down on the left with parking on the right at 171 Linwood Ave. If you pass the cemetery, you’ve gone too far.
- The High School is about a half mile after the Middle School on the left, set back from the road, at 427 Linwood Ave. You must pass the Whitinsville Christen School to get there.
- If you’ve reached Heritage Park Condo or the car wash, you've past all the school buildings.
- It's actually a very straight shot and only about 5-7 minutes from Rt. 146.
From Mass Pike to Balmer School:
- Take the Mass Pike to the new exit for Rt. 146 South (it's a few miles after the Rt. 122 exit).
- Follow Rt. 146 South to the Purgatory Road exit (about 5 miles).
- Take a left at the end of the exit ramp, crossing back over Rt. 146, and passing West End Creamery on your right.
- Follow this road over a small causeway through a residential neighborhood about 1.5 miles and take a left onto Crescent Street (I think it's just beyond the second turn for Overlook Street). If you get to a stop sign, you've gone too far.
- The school will be about a block up on the left set back from the road.
Map to Aldrich, Administration Building, Middle & High Schools: